Sunday 5 April 2015

Blueberry Crumble

Amazing Blueberry Crumble
I have been making this recipe for a while, but I just happened to think about uploading it. I made it for my family's Easter dinner, and it got very positive feedback. I thought I'd upload it, just in case any of you were interested. Also let me know at the bottom if you'd like me to upload more recipes, as I have lots and I love to cook (and eat).

Ingredients

Filling:6 cups Blueberries
        1/2 cup Sugar
        1 tbsp Cornstarch
        1 tsp Lemon Juice
        1/4 tsp Salt

Topping: 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
         1/2 cup Oats
         1/2 tsp Baking Powder
         1/2 tsp Salt
         6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
         1/3 cup Sugar

Method

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit 

2. Mix the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. You should not be able to see any dry powder. Transfer to a 8-inch baking dish.

3. Stir together flour, oats baking powder and salt.

4. Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.

5. Combine dry mixture and butter mixture. Mix well.

6. Using hands, crumble on top of the blueberries.

7. Bake until bubbling in the centre and brown on top. (45min-1hr).

8. Serve warm, but not boiling hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment