Monday 22 June 2015

Boys Over Flowers

Boys Over Flowers 
I will admit that this was not a show I would have started watching on my own. I happened to see a Buzzfeed video where people watched Korean Dramas, and this was one of those.
The show isn't a work of television genius, but I do really love it. The characters weren't that relatable in the beginning, but they grew on you. The plot was riveting, and they truly had very few limits. The villains were understandable, and the situations almost realistic.
You do need to read subtitles to watch it, but I'd say it's worth it.

Plot
A young girl saves a boy from committing suicide, and is granted a scholarship to Shinwa academy. Shinwa is a school for the richest kids in Korea, and Jan Di does not fit in. The most popular boys of the school are called F4, and they are the richest, and handsomest members of upperclass society. Jan Di hits a nerve with F4's leader Gu Jun Pyo, but eventually wins the trust of all of F4. The show chronicles her love life, her school life, and her quest to become a champion swimmer.

Characters
This is Jan Di, played by the wonderful  Hye-Sun Koo. She is lovable, and a fun character to watch in action. She wasn't my favourite, but I still enjoyed all of her adventures.




This is Gu Jun Pyo, portrayed by the talented Min-ho Lee. His character is both sweet and infuriating, and I think this drove me to considering him my favourite.

Would I Recommend It?
I would say that this is the perfect K-Drama to get you into liking the genre. This lead me to watch Heirs and Playful Kiss, both of which were wonderful. Everyone should watch at least some of this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment