Friday 9 October 2015

Fall Fair Survival

As someone currently living in a smallish town, I have a lot of personal experience surrounding the topic of fall fairs. My local fair has everything; rides, animals, contests and delicious food. I thought I'd walk you through my preparation process for these wonderful autumn traditions.

The Night Before
I like to take a relaxing bath the night before I go to a fair. I'm not suggesting you break out your most expensive Lush bath bombs, but a Bath & Body Works bubble bath works just as good. It is a great way to relax your muscles in anticipation of a long day of walking around the fair grounds.

Cash
It might be different at your fair, but at mine I find that most places only take cash. Just a word of advice, have some cold, hard cash on you.

Purse
I always recommend that people bring over the shoulder bags to fairs. You might have to take it on rides with you, and you don't want to worry about leaving it on the ground or holding on to it as tightly as you can.

Lip Balm
Okay, so a bit of a weird one. At fairs, or at least where I grew up, you are not going to have a lot of time for touch ups. This is a lip balm that adds a nice colour, plumpness and moisture to your lips. If you're someone who gets chapped lips really easily, this is the one for you. Just throw it in your bag and put it on whenever you get the chance. Your lips will thank you!

Sweater
This is my go-to sweater for fairs. It's warm, still looks cute with a jacket thrown over it, and is the comfiest thing on the planet. You can get this one at Ardene, but the moral of the story is that you need an adorable hoodie to keep yourself warm.

Hair
Take it form a girl who's experienced it, do not got to a fair with loose hair. The wind is blowing everywhere, you get on rides, you're eating taffy...It's a mess. I thick french braid, or even a ponytail is a lifesaver in this situation. 

That about sums it up for today. Let me know all about your fair experiences, and what you would like to see from me in the future. Kisses, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment